Welcome to Adventures In Pi!

We hope you enjoy our blog! Read our updates which come along daily, weekly, or whenever the heck we feel like updating! :)

Signed,
A Gab and C Fae
A.K.A. Cherry Pi

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Gab's Summer

Ahhhhh, summer. Here in the Bay Area, it's over before you even know it starts. Luckily, I have been able to squeeze in many activities during the short thirty nine of the total fifty three days of summer that we get.

The first endeavor that was taken on this summer was Father's Day. The picture on the right shows my dad next to my grandpa (sorry it's upside down, I'm not sure how to rotate it.). We went out to a nice brunch in which I absolutely stuffed myself with food. What can I say? There were so many choices! For those of you who only appreciate the commercialized aspect of Father's Day, and are wondering what I got my dad, I made him a very special present. Using the Weebly website creator, I made him his own website, which you can visit at http://happyfathersday2010.weebly.com.

A few weeks after Father's Day, we somehow managed to coordinate a get-together with all the grandparents. This wasn't so easy, considering one pair lives an hour away and one pair lives a good eleven hours away (and they DROVE all the way out to see us!). We had a nice dinner and then turned on the lovely self-timer function on my camera, and managed to get this awesome picture.

While the folks were in town, my mom decided to drag us all along to the Impressionist exhibit in San Fran. Not that I don't love art and everything, but when your whole family is literally examining the painting for 5 minutes a pop, it just makes you want to fall asleep. Take my word for it people, because my little sister almost did fall asleep on the floor. She did, however, enjoy sticking her head in the cardboard cut-out of one of the paintings. Isn't she a ham?

Later, our parents departed to Nicargua for a wedding leaving us at home. But they didn't leave us alone, we had the TV, the remote, and a bucket load of junk food...oh yeah, and our neighbors to keep an eye on us. Just kidding...some family friends of ours decided to take on the Hurricane Ghiozzi (Children, that is). They took us up to Tahoe, where we spent our Fourth of July. If you are wondering about my sister's new gangster look in that picture, she got a new hat while we were on vacation and she barely ever took it off. Next thing you know, she's gonna be wearing her pants on the ground. Anyway, we had a blast, enjoying fireworks with our best friends in the world and their cousins. We even got a break from eating salad and veggies and what not. In fact, most of our dinners consisted of, not one, but TWO different types of meat each night. Yeah, take that, healthy eating.

Finally, the last picture on the right shows what to me should be considered a relic. It is my ticket to the concert put on by my favorite band, Sugarland. I absolutely love their music!! I even got a t-shirt from the concert. I wish I could wear it every day of my life, but I have a feeling that I would not have very many friends if I wore the same shirt every day without washing it...

So, all in all, short as it may be, summer has been great. Maybe next year, the school board will realize that fifty three days of summer is no where near enough. Until then, I have 8th grade to look forward to.

Signed,
A Gab
A.K.A. Cherry Pi
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment